Benefits to Your Garden Club As a Member of The Garden Club of New Jersey
The Garden Club of New Jersey (“GCNJ”) has played a significant role in helping to protect and conserve New Jersey’s natural resources, as well as encouraging civic and roadside beauty. Additionally, GCNJ offers scholarships for teachers and college students to promote interest in conservation of wildlife and the environment.
The GCNJ is a federation of Garden Clubs founded in 1925 and is a charter member of the National Garden Clubs, Inc. The GCNJ serves over 4,500 members throughout the state.
We hope you will take this opportunity to join GCNJ and benefit by the following:
- Access to our recommended Program/Speaker List;
- Heightened publicity of your club through our website, resulting in increased membership;
- Posting of announcements for your club fundraisers (tours, flower shows and plant sales, etc.) on our website;
- Obtain affordable club insurance;
- Guidance through the 501(c) (3) process, qualifying your club as a charitable organization;
- Advice in planning flower shows, and selecting qualified judges from our directory to judge your flower shows;
- Evaluation of your club projects for exclusive GCNJ awards;
- Borrow materials from our extensive list of Properties to aid in flower shows and other club projects;
- Purchase garden related supplies from “Club Sales”;
- Use of the GCNJ Headquarters, “Holly House” within the beautiful grounds of Rutgers Gardens for your club meeting once per year;
- Receipt of our quarterly newsletter … News Leaf;
- Access to our Directory of member garden clubs in New Jersey, including president’s contact information;
- Attend National, Regional and District Conferences and GCNJ state meetings;Attend GCNJ sponsored schools and workshops (for credit or non-credit). Past offerings have included:
- Flower Show School Gardening Study School
- Landscape Design School Environmental Studies School
- Symposiums (Floral Design)
- Attend state sponsored projects, field trips, workshops, meetings and tours.
An example of the programs GCNJ has offered in the past includes such subjects as:
Youth, Environmental, Garden Education, Garden Therapy, Horticulture and Scholarships
Membership dues are $12.00 per year per member. The dues are requested by April 15th of the year. New Clubs and additional members may be added any time during the year. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me and I’ll do my best to help or refer you to the appropriate source.
28 Old Eagle Rock
Roseland, NJ 07068