GCNJ Insurance


The Garden Club of New Jersey provides insurance for your club, after the club has paid its membership dues and insurance fees. This insurance, brokered through Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. and provided by Chubb Group of Insurance, is not an accident policy. It is a policy to cover negligence and includes the following:

  1. Liability insurance for the members of your club.
  2. Liability insurance for third party participants at club sanctioned functions.
  3. Property insurance for Holly House.
  4. Special Events Insurance.

Our liability coverage excludes the use of alcohol. Clubs may not sell, serve or provide alcohol at their functions. It also excludes athletic participants which is especially important to keep in mind with our Junior Clubs. The policy also provides for a cap on losses due to instances of certified terrorism. You must report the occurrence of any member or public incident to our agent at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. as soon as possible after the incident.  Please have all facts of the incident available.

Insurance Broker Contact Information:

Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.:  Dana Cannizzaro
4000 Midlantic Drive, Suite 200
Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
(973) 921-8064
email address:  dana_cannizzaro@ajg.com

A number of clubs have had questions concerning youth groups that they sponsor. As long as the Junior Clubs are acting on behalf of The Garden Club of New Jersey (fulfilling GCNJ goals and objectives) and have adult club sponsorship and adult club supervision, they are covered.  It is recommended that a permission slip be signed by a parent or guardian at the beginning of each fiscal year in your club allowing the participation in your youth activities. Also, be prudent and obtain permission slips for each off premises trip. It is advisable to keep a youth roster with contact information and medical information. The goal is to have our Junior Club leaders well prepared with information readily available for each child.

All club presidents should be in possession of their club’s current Certificate of Insurance. If you do not have one, contact our Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.  representative provided above. The certificate may be copied as needed.

If you have specific questions concerning your club’s insurance coverage, need an original certificate of insurance for a venue or are sponsoring an unusual Special Event, contact our representative at Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.. Insurance policies are very specific and it behooves all of us to have information from our agent before an event or situation arises that may fall outside the parameters of our policy.

Incorporation and 501 (c) (3) Charitable Organization Registration

Click here for information.