Hey There, Hi There, Ho There!
You’re As Welcome As Can Be!
Join us for
The GCNJ Flower Show
February 22-25, 2018
Set up date is Tuesday February 20
Entries on Wednesday (Anything Can Happen Day), February 21
Join the Jamboree
- Botanical Arts Awards in Horticulture feature Miniature Themed Gardens, Bare Branches, Preserved and Dried Flowers.
- Botanical Arts in Design will have classes of wreaths, garlands and pot-et-fleur designs.
- Horticulture will feature the Elfin Award, the award for small and miniature varieties and a class for forced bulbs.
- Design will feature a challenge class open to everyone, a companion class where two people may do one design, and a novice class for those who have never won a blue ribbon in the GCNJ state show.
- Two of the new Handbook designs will be featured, Low-Profile and Cascade.
- Only one club competition this year – dinner table for 6 – limit four entries. Sign up asap.
“Working Copy” (12/12/17) of The Flower Show Schedule Click Here
See ya real soon!
PROHIBITION OF INVASIVE PLANT MATERIAL IN STANDARD FLOWER SHOWS
Following several years of research, at the January 26, 2009 Executive Board meeting of GCNJ, The Nature Conservancy Category I Invasive Plant List (NJ) was adopted as the Official Invasive Plant List of GCNJ. The Board also adopted a policy:
“…prohibiting the exhibiting of plants on the list in our Standard Flower Shows with the exception of their use in Educational Exhibits.”
This policy must be stated in the General Rules of the Flower Show Schedule (see page 307 h. in the Handbook for Flower Shows, revised 2007). Copies of the list may be obtained from the GCNJ Flower Show School Chairman and the GCNJ Judges’ Council Chairman as well as from our website.
~Nancy Gahtan, Former Invasive Plants Chairman
CLICK HERE for The Nature Conservancy’s Statewide List of Invasive Plants of Highest Concern in NJ (PDF)
CLICK HERE for The Nature Conservancy’s Skyland’s Program Invasive Species & Native Alternatives Manuel (pocket card) (PDF)